Full-Active Members are Eligible for Third-Party Liability Insurance coverage. The Liabiity Insurance Policy is an EXCESS COVERAGE POLICY, which offers coverage for a Member incident to an accident or damage caused by a racehorse to a Third-Party's Property. The incident must occur at a pari-mutuel racetrack, racing fairgrounds location, at a specifically scheduled training center, or at the OHHA office for coverage to apply. The intent of the Ohio Harness Horsemen’s Association Third Party Liabiity Policy is to provide Excess Liability coverage for its Members, but only in the capacity of racing or being in training at one of the designated pari-mutuel race tracks, racing fairground locations, and other specifically scheduled covered training centers.
Training Centers with 50 or more Standardbred racehorses stabled can apply to be listed as a covered location on the Association’ excess coverage third party liability policy. The excess coverage policy is not intended to be used solely as a primary coverage policy for the training center. See below "For Profit Owner and Trainer Equine Liability Insurance" to apply for a primary coverage policy.
The following items are required to be supplied to be listed as a covered location.
(1) OHHA Full-Active Membership is required as-per the Association’s current rules for benefits offered to entities or individuals.
(2) The private location must have 50 or more standardbred racehorses or standardbred yearlings intending to race stabled at the facility. The coverage only applies to racing standardbreds stabled at a location and does not cover breeding stock or any other breed.
(3) The private location must have a primary equine and third party liability coverage insurance policy with sufficient coverage for the standardbred horse racing activities being engaged in for all horses on the property. The location must supply a certificate of insurance that they have equine and third party liability as primary, and certify the number of horses on the premises with Coverlink. Primary coverage must remain current, and not lapse while scheduled as a covered location on the Association’s excess coverage policy. If primary coverage lapses, there must be at least 30 days notice provided, and a replacement certificate of insurance provided to Coverlink for primary coverage. If a certificate of insurance is not valid, the location will be removed, Coverlink will notify the location, and update the Association.
(4) If there is no primary coverage in place, Coverlink offers primary coverage by separate application. The application is below.
(5) All applications, certificates, and submissions go through Coverlink at (ph) 937-653-7611. (f) 937-653-4457
Also covered are racehorse mortality incident to shipping, Fire, and Disaster Insurance Coverage at pari-mutuel racetracks or fairgrounds under limited circumstances.
This is a summary only of the Plans in place, for complete details request a complete copy of any Policy.